Students participate in two graduation ceremonies while in pharmacy school. Following their first-professional year, students receive their bachelor of science in pharmaceutical sciences and receive their doctor of pharmacy degree upon successful completion of all four years of the professional program.
2014 Graduation Information
Commencement will be held on May 10, 2014.
****Commencement parking information can be found here. Be mindful of road closures and detours on campus. Please allow for extra time.****
Convocation - The Grove
- Graduates must arrive at the at the E.F. Yerby Center no later than 8:30 a.m. Each class will line up for the processional which begins promptly at 9 a.m.
- Refer to the Ole Miss website in the event of inclement weather.
- Graduates will be walking on the southside of the Grove (University Ave.) and will enter the Grove across from the pharmacy school.
Presentation of Diplomas and Awards - Indoor Practice Facility
- Graduates must arrive at the IPF no later than 2 p.m. to line up. The ceremony will begin promptly at 2:30 p.m.
- The School of Applied Sciences' graduation will be before pharmacy's in the IPF. If you arrive too early to the ceremony you may encounter their proceedings.
- The ceremony will be projected on large video screens for audeince viewing.
- The ceremony is expected to last an hour and 15 minutes.
- Graduates return your caps and gowns in the boxes provided near the exit.
- The Grad Fair will be held on March 18, 19 and 20 in the Student Union Lobby in Oxford. The fair will provide important materials and information leading up to graduation, as well as the opportunity to order cap and gown. Representatives from campus resources such as the Registrar's Office, Student Financial Services and University & Public Events will be available to answer questions and offer assistance.
- PY4s should call the Ole Miss Bookstore at 662-915-7137 to order their cap and gown.
- GradImages will be taking photos of graduates at the ceremony in the IPF. Proofs will be emailed to graduates' @olemiss address within days of the ceremony. Please remember to check your account for your proofs.
- DVDs will be available for purchase. Details TBA. Contact Carla Bennett for more information.
- Honors listed in the university commencement program are unofficial. Official academic honors will be noted on diplomas and transcripts.
- For more information, visit the University of Mississippi's commencement site, commencement.olemiss.edu.
Previous Graduation Ceremony Photos and Programs