Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- All posters must be displayed for two and one-half (2 1/2) hours. Authors must spend one hour at the poster to answer questions and /or participate in discussions. Please arrive at the poster session room one-half hour before the start of the session to post your materials. Posters must be completely dismounted one-half hour after the conclusion of the session.
- Bring only items which can be mounted on poster board.
- All items for posting must be prepared in advance. Graphic supplies will not be available.
- Numbers for mounting in the upper corner of each poster board will be supplied by us. This number corresponds with the number assigned to each paper in the program booklet.
Content of Presentations
- Keep the oral information content to a minimum so you need to “relay” very little. Depend on your visual aids rather than giving an oral presentation.
- Each poster should have the following:
- Title page (or large card) in bold print listing PAPER TITLE and NAME(S) of AUTHOR(S).
- Page (or large card) listing OBJECTIVES of the study. For the sake of clarity, these should be brief and preferable in the form of a short sentence. In case of multiple objectives, they should be listed in order of decreasing importance.
- Guidelines for Podium Presentations
Audio-visual equipment is available for podium presentations. 15 minutes is the time allotted for each presentation. This includes a 5 minute period for questions. Flash drives and CDs are the preferred media for podium presentations.